It's never been easier to switch your accounts
to Flint Community Bank!
Follow the four easy steps below:
- Fill out all text fields in the SmartSwitch Form and print.
- Stop using your old account.
- Select the appropriate notification letters needed and print. (Please download the links below.)
- Stop by our bank to complete the switch.
Switching your account to Flint Community Bank is fast and easy!
- Download the Entire Switch Kit
Download Letters Separately
- Letter: Close My Account (pdf)
- Letter: Switch My Automatic Withdrawal (pdf)
- Letter: Switch My Direct Deposits (pdf)
- Letter: Cancel My Automatic Withdrawal (pdf)
- Letter: Authorize My Automatic Withdrawal (pdf)
Set Up My Direct Deposit
We will provide you with the appropriate form requesting new direct deposit of your payroll. For changing Social Security deposits, go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm or call 1-800-772-1213.
Important Reminders when Switching to Flint Community Bank
- Send notification to companies who make automatic withdrawals from your account that you have a new bank account.
- Send notification to direct deposit companies that you have a new bank account.
- Enclose a voided check from your new account when setting up direct deposit for verification purposes. Keep your new Flint Community Bank routing and account number handy for direct deposit and automatic withdrawal requests.
- Allow up to 30 days for checks to clear from your old account.
- Make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover any pending automatic payments.
- Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM or check cards.
- Notify your former bank that you are closing your account.